I've been having some issues with just basically feeling "over it" when it comes to almost everything in my life. I feel like I need to do something drastic and shake everything up to get my head back on straight. I've decided that for the month of September I am going to say goodbye to lazy boring me and say hello to the Becky that gets shit done. I don't necessarily mean hyper-productive and perfect either, I just want to be the person that I want to be. I don't ever want to regret not doing something or being creative because I was too busy watching tv or scrolling endless Tumblr blogs. I don't want to feel guilty about going out to dinner and I desperately want to get into killer shape.
I've decided to do a couple things about it, and obvi I've turned that into a list for you bcz lists are awesome, duh.
1. Mise en Place - I'm going to turn this blog into what it was supposed to be - a food blog. I don't necessarily mean just recipes, but books, tv shows, my chef crushes, and the exploration of seasonal, local, and sustainable ingredients. Mise en Place is my way of putting everything in it's place and I want it to be a place where I can explore food for myself and anyone who is interested in reading.
2. Bec and Teej - As we get closer and closer to drive-into-the-sunset-day I'm getting really super excited and nervous. We haven't even built everything properly yet! We've been saving money like crazy, and documenting all of our progress (there hasn't been much so far!) on becandteej.blogspot.com. From now on, all travel/adventure/personal related posts are going to end up there. I'd love it if you would follow along, you can find us on Instagram @becandteej!
3. Bec Takes Fitness - One of my most consistent features on this blog has been my Shape Up Sunday posts and now they're all being put in one place, with a new twist. I'm going to be doing daily video diaries, updating more than once a week, and I even have my own Instagram (@bectakesfitness). I want to completely transform my life and my body, and I felt like I needed an outlet where I could bond with similar people.
4. #GetMessyArtJournal - Don't worry, it's not another blog. I've decided to start art journalling every day as part of my 22 before 23 Challenge. I want to get into the habit of documenting how I'm feeling and I want to break through the creative walls I so often find myself pushing against. The Get Messy Art Journal Challenge is a group of girls that posts every Thursday and has a monthly challenge. This will keep me on track and help me build a community of friends who have the same interests as myself! You'll find these posts on Bec and Teej and my personal Instagram @BeckyBeast.
5. Cold Shower Therapy Challenge - Look, this one is a bit tough to explain when Joel has done it so well. Just head over to the Impossible blog and check it out. But basically, 30 days of making myself intentionally uncomfortable for 5 minutes.
So friends, that's it that's all. I'll be back tomorrow with some food related and yummy things and believe me I'm full of ideas and things to share, it's just putting each idea into motion. I'm being the person I choose to be.